Chai Mitzvah Adult Ed. Program
Being Jewish means you learn and do, all your life. Our tradition teaches us the world stands on learning, spirituality and social involvement.
We point our children’s learning toward that moment when they become full members of our community, when they become Bar or Bat Mitzvah. What about after that? How do you develop, re-define your own adult Jewish lives? How do you re-engage as adults?
You become a Chai Mitzvah!
Chai Mitzvah has five basic components in a nine-month program:
1) Group study, meeting monthly, with a set, text-based curriculum (you can see samples of the topics on the website (www.chaimitzvah.org) under”Resources”)
2) Personal study – what have you always wanted to learn a little more about? Jewish life, history, major figures, literature, culture?
Design your own independent study.
3) Adopt a ritual/spiritual practice and incorporate it into your life for the duration of the program
4) Social action: commit to helping in the community (either individually, or as a group)
5) Celebrate the achievement! At the end of the 9-month program, Congregation B’nai Shalom will honor your journey. Participants who finish the program will receive a certificate from Chai Mitzvah, and a tree planted in their name, courtesy of JNF’s collaboration with Chai Mitzvah.
Experience a fully integrated, meaningful Jewish life, exploring what’s important to you. Contact Rabbi Eiduson if you wish to learn more!