Thank you for your membership and support of Congregation B’nai Shalom. We so very much appreciate each and every one of our members. Without your support, a strong and vibrant Jewish community cannot exist. Membership, first and foremost, is a way of saying ‘I belong – count me in!’. It is a way of:
- Being present for each other in our times of joy and in times of need
- Ensuring the learning and wisdom of our faith is passed on to future generations
- Finding fellow seekers with whom to explore our humanity and our purpose
- Participating in the ongoing work of creating a faith-based community that makes a difference in the world through acts of tikkun olam (repairing the world)
- Celebrating Shabbat and Festivals as one vibrant community.
Take a look at this brief summary for just a taste of all the connections made at B’nai Shalom in 2015-16.
As we enter the next fiscal year and look to all of our members to renew their commitment to all that we stand for, and all that we continue to work toward, we thank you. Below you will find important information about membership renewal that will enable us all to help keep our congregation moving into the future with pride and with strength.
We are committed to being a spiritual home for all. Our annual membership adjustment application enables all to belong at a level of financial commitment that is aligned with income levels. We are also incredibly grateful to members with the means to pledge additional financial support to the congregation, enabling us to remain financially stable while maintaining our commitment to welcome all. If you have the ability to provide a higher level of support through Project Share, we thank you for your consideration and generosity.
Please note a few important things:
- You must enroll your child in Religious School online. We do not have paper forms any longer. Please follow these links to register your children for school.
Click here for the Religious School Registration Grades Kindergarten – 12
- Your child will not be enrolled in Religious School unless you have renewed your membership!
- IMPORTANT FOR MEMBERS WHO CHOSE AUTOMATIC BANK DRAFT LAST YEAR: Your authorization is still in effect unless you request to stop it in writing. Drafts will continue automatically for the next year based on your new statement. Keep in mind that this year’s monthly payment could be higher than last year’s monthly amount. Drafts will occur even if you have not yet returned the invoice and other paperwork. If you wish to stop automatic bank drafts, or if your bank information has changed, you must notify the office by June 7, 2016.
- A special note about SCRIP: Again this year we will also provide you an option to purchase Scrip on a regular basis through automatic bank draft withdrawal.
Alternatively we can mail them to you or you can pick them up in the office. Please submit only those forms that are appropriate for your situation. Because situations often change from year to year, we ask that members requesting an adjustment complete an Adjustment Application every year. These should be returned to the office by June 15.